Doctors available for patients in need of medical treatment on a lien basis

A Full Spectrum of Doctors Statewide


Chiropractors specialize in the evaluation, diagnosis, and conservative treatment of injuries of the spine. Chiropractors are a common place to start for anyone who has been injured and is in need of a quick evaluation. Typical pain-relieving modalities include spinal manipulation, physiotherapy, massage, ultrasound, and electro-stimulation.  Rehabilitation is also available for those recovering from surgery.

Orthopedic Surgeons

Orthopedic Surgeons specialize in the diagnosis, treatment, prevention and rehabilitation of disorders, injuries and diseases of the bones, joints, ligaments, tendons and muscles.  Some orthopedists have additional fellowship training for hands, wrists, feet, and ankles. An orthopedic surgeon is an expert with extensive training in the proper diagnosis, non-surgical and surgical treatment of injuries and diseases of the musculoskeletal system. If a patient is in considerable pain resulting from an injury, he may want to consult with orthopedic surgeon.

Orthopedic Spine & Neurosurgeons

Orthopedic Spine Surgeons and Neurosurgeons specialize in injuries related to the spine and the nervous system. Motor vehicle accidents may result in neck and back injuries. Spine surgeons are trained to evaluate, diagnose, prevent, and treat conditions of the spine.  In addition to spinal expertise, Neurosurgeons are also trained in correcting brain injuries. These are two great specialists to consider when assessing cranial, neck, back, or spinal discomfort resulting from an accident.

Pain Management Specialists

Pain Management Specialists are physicians whose primary focus is evaluating, diagnosing, and treating various forms of chronic pain. Both acute and chronic pain can arise from a variety of things, including injury, nerve damage, surgery and more. Pain management physicians have an in-depth knowledge of the physiology of pain, the specific tests for diagnosing conditions, and are capable of performing various procedures in order to mitigate pain. If a patient is suffering from acute or chronic pain, he may wish to consult a pain management specialist.

Plastic Surgeons

Not only do accidents cause injury, they may leave unsightly scarring. Thankfully, plastic surgeons are available to correct and reconstruct areas of the body in need of attention. This can include scar revision surgery, hand surgery, breast reconstruction, and burn repair. Scarring, whether it be related to the functionality of the structure or purely aesthetic, can significantly affect one’s self esteem and overall well-being. Plastic surgeons are available to evaluate, diagnose, and treat these conditions.


When a patient is unable to meet a doctor, telemedicine can be a helpful option. Over the phone, or by video conference, the doctor can evaluate the patient, document the injuries, order diagnostics, call out a treatment plan, and if necessary, refer the patient to another specialist.  All this can be done quickly and easily from the comfort of the patient’s home.


Typically, a doctor cannot make recommendations or fully understand the severity of an injury without diagnostics. Before any sort of treatment plan can be established, your doctor will likely order diagnostic imaging. Various forms of medical imaging are available, the most frequent being X-rays, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), or CAT scans. Each of these imaging processes offer different image types that provide the doctor essential insight regarding the injury.

Internal Medicine

Doctors of internal medicine, also referred to as “Internists”, are physicians who are trained to handle a comprehensive range of medical issues and conditions. They are experts in the diagnosis and treatment of various injuries, and also perform history & physical evaluations (H&P), which is necessary to obtain pre-operative clearance. In addition, internal medicine physicians are equipped to evaluate and analyze puzzling diagnostic results, and are capable of providing insight when many different injuries or ailments may be affecting a patient simultaneously.


If you are experiencing any issues related to your foot or ankle, then you may want to consult with a Podiatrist (Doctor of Podiatric Medicine). Podiatrists, more so than any general physician, are uniquely qualified in all matters pertaining to the foot and ankle. If these body parts are the source of your pain, consider seeking out a doctor with a “DPM” after his or her name.

General Practitioners

General Practitioners, or GP’s for short, are physicians who do not specialize in one particular area of medicine. In the aftermath of an accident, it may be wise to schedule an appointment with a GP to evaluate and document injuries associated with the accident. They may recommend diagnostics and call out a treatment plan for recovery. General Practitioners typically focus in routine health care, and are capable of assessing a wide variety of injuries. If they deem that additional expertise is needed in diagnosing or treating an ailment, they will most likely refer you to another specialist.

Physical Therapists

In the aftermath of a serious injury, a patient may be referred to or require physical therapy. Physical therapists use various treatment techniques that aid in restoring function to and strengthening a body part. Physical therapists work with patients individually to develop a plan to prevent the loss of mobility before it occurs. Physical therapy can assist in regaining body strength, mobility and overall well-being; as well as reduce the need for use of prescription medications.


Neurology is the study of the diseases and injuries associated with the nervous system. Neurologists focus on disorders affecting the brain, spinal cord, and nerves, which may result from a traumatic injury. These specialists may perform diagnostic testing to confirm nerve compressions and injuries after reports of numbness, tingling in the extremities, and/or shooting pain. Neurologists do not perform surgery. If one of their patients requires surgery, they will refer them to the appropriate surgical specialist.

Call (800) 314-9088